Tupelo Music Hall 29th august 2009  Reply with quote  

Setlist

I can see clearly now
Your love goes on
I'm sorry
End of the road
Feel like living
Isn't it amazing
Pressing on (Bob Dylan song from his album Saved)
Movies
Paddy Keenan came on stage and did his stuff
Eyes wide open
Forevermore
Don't go
Encore
Big fat heart
A Mali song.......about love sickness
Hally Loo La Jordan (I always struggle to spell this correctly)
SOWS (song of the white strand) Fiachna song this brilliantly and Geraldine and Laura were visibly moved by this rendition Wink
Si do Mho

Our party of Barbara, Laura, Geraldine, Joe (a HHF virgin who has now been deflowered) and myself all met up in the morning at Boston Logan airport.

We first met Laura who was loitering with intent outside Kurger King, introductions were made, personally I have never been introduced to a quarter pounder before but there is a first time for everything Exclamation Laura had arrived earlier that morning and it was great at last to meet her and have a good chat about our impending days on the road. The quarter pounder did not contribute an awful lot at this stage Confused

Next to arrive was Barbara and her calm influence on the group took the excitment to a more manageable level. The last time Geraldine and I had met B was at Cornbury and as always she is a pleasure to be with. We just had to wait for Joe her friend who was travelling over from UK.

Eventually Joe arrived and we were complete "5 go mad in New Hampshire" as Enid Blyton was wont to say Idea

Journey up to NH was in poor driving conditions but Barbara as designated driver got us there with the minimum of fuss and staying fairly well on the road.

We booked into the hotel and set off for a meal before the gig, there was quite a bit to choose from but the trickiest decision was not going in to the Mexican/Italian Question

Fed watered and clean socks later we headed to the gig and were among the first to arrive. The support act was Paddy Saul and I must admit I really enjoyed this guy with his powerful singing style and easy rapport with the audience...........as Nancy said to me beforehand "you will love this guy Ray he reminds me so much of you" Laughing Laughing

The band came on just after 9.00pm and finished shortly after 12.00.

I am sure others can add to this better than I have done but I have to go and wake Barbara now it is 8.08am as Barbara and i have a reciprocal arrangement if she keeps me awake at night (by talking) I must do the same for her in the morning Razz
Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:08 pm
shelley

Thanks Ray, grand set list and the gig 3 hours long woweeee, another fabby night.
xx
Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:54 pm
Penny

Thanks Ray for the great review. Sounds like another fantastic night filled with brilliant music and catching up with more of the HHF crew. Have a wonderful time and enjoy the rest of the shows.

We are ALL very green with envy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:51 am
Margaret

Great Review Ray what fun you are all having, enjoy the rest of your time in the USA.
Post Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:50 pm
Barbara

LOL! Wake me in the morning Ray HAHAHAHAHA!
I was on vacation! No getting up at 5:30 for me thank you very, very much, I have to do that enough as it is in the ba-da-da dummmmm real world Smile

So much fun, such a great gig.
I love this venue, it is like this little town hall, so intimate and comfy, you feel like you are in your Auntie's living room, well if you Auntie had a really big living room, and the porch with teh rocking chairs. Just a cool place.

Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org
Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:27 am
Barbara

also was very much happy for Big Fat Heart, which always just puts a smile on the face, and guarantees a croaky voioce the next morning Smile
Wonderful gig!

Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org
Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:32 am