Adlington Cricket Club

> Home
> News
> Match Reports
> Fixtures
> Facilities
> Officials/Committee
> Membership
> Teams
> History
> Gallery
> Roll Of Honour
> Honours
> Bookings
> Staffing
> Adlington Ladies Rounders
> Contact
> Guestbook
> Map & Directions
> Links

HISTORY

The club was started in the early 1870’s just off Railway Road. They moved to Meadow Street off Huyton Road in 1880, leasing the ground from Pincroft Dyeworks. Then, a hundred years later the club purchased the ground from them. This allowed a new clubhouse to be built - a far cry from the two wooden pavilions that had been donated by J. H. Gerrard in 1900 and J. H. Sixsmith in 1923. There was much fund raising by the members and the club was built solely by volunteers.

The club joined the Bolton & District Cricket Association in 1906 with a few breaks including the war years, but since 1946 has been ever present. The first professional was Mr Haddon. The club’s 2008 professional is Sohaib Maqsood.

Copyright Adlington Cricket Club 2005